All posts by erasmus

UK Unemployment – It hasn’t MOVED!

The United Kingdom’s latest unemployment figures have just been published amid extravagant “progress”  claims by the Coalition Government.

Here is a BBC screen from April 2010 – just before the last election:

Here is the BBC screen from TODAY:

DO please click on both images! Your eyes are NOT deceiving you!

We appear to have had a lot of activity and bustle from the Coalition Government but the unemployment figure is exactly the same as it was three years ago.

The government claims to have created ONE MILLION new jobs in the private sector.

That must be the MOST UNPRODUCTIVE block of workers ever seen because they have had no impact whatsoever on National Productivity.

What is occurring? Apart, that is, that MORE of the 2.5 million are now either under-employed and/or  part-time.

Latest Unemployment figures.

The latest UK unemployment figure stands at 2.5 million.

Now please read THIS. It is from February 2010 – a couple of months before the 2010 General Election. The UK unemployment figure then was also 2.5 million.

Hopefully, the Coalition will now STOP claiming that ANY of their job creation schemes have worked  and STOP telling everyone about the Private Sector jobs that they’ve created – but most of all STOP using the phrase “We have brought unemployment down”!

THAT IS A LIE !!!!

The economy is NOT going forward at all and it is now dawning on the Electorate that this government assumes that that is dealing with stupid voters. Otherwise, why all the half-truths and crudely massaged statistics?

THIS is today’s BBC article. Note the similarity between the two reports.

The numbers in the two articles – three years apart –  are EXACTLY the same. Only the dates have changes.


(posted by “Erasmus”….a spygun slave employee)

Still no Vatican zero-tolerance

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) – The Vatican told bishops around the world Monday that they must make it a global priority to root out sexual abuse of children by priests.

The Roman Catholic Church told bishops in a letter that they should cooperate with civil authorities to end the abuse that has tarnished its image around the world.

“This is telling the world that we mean business. We want to be an example of prevention and care,” said one Vatican official, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The letter is intended to help every diocese draw up its own tough guidelines, based on a global approach but in line with local civil law. These must be sent to the Vatican for review within a year.

“The responsibility for dealing with delicts (crimes) of sexual abuse of minors by clerics belongs in the first place to the diocesan bishop,” the letter says.

It incorporates sweeping revisions made last year to the Church’s laws on sexual abuse, which doubled a statute of limitations for disciplinary action against priests and extended the use of fast-track procedures to defrock them.

The Vatican has for years been struggling to control the damage that sexual abuse scandals in the United States and several European countries, including Pope Benedict’s native Germany, have done to the Church’s image.

PARAMOUNT PRINCIPLE

“This goes beyond what was done before,” the Vatican official said. “It is setting up a standard of best principles, best policy to be followed globally. It makes protection of minors a paramount principle and takes a long-term view because it talks about the formation of future priests.”
The scandal has led to the resignation of bishops in several countries. Last year, Benedict begged forgiveness from God and from abuse victims, and said the church would do everything in its power to ensure that it never happened again.

The Vatican official said that if local civil legislation requires that bishops report sex offenders directly to authorities, they are obliged to do so and the guidelines will include this.

Victims groups said they were not satisfied.

“There’s no “zero tolerance” or “mandatory reporting” requirement. There’s no insistence that bishops warn their flock about child molesting clerics. There’s nothing that will make a child safer today or tomorrow or next month or next year,” said SNAP, the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests.

The letter tells bishops they must be prepared to listen to the victims and their families and be committed to their spiritual and psychological assistance. Bishops must be more careful in choosing candidates for the priesthood in order to weed out early those who are or could become sex abusers.

It says that while those accused of being sexual abusers have to be treated fairly and with due process, those who are known to be abusers must be excluded from the public ministry.

In many of the cases of sexual abuse around the world, local bishops allowed known abusers to be moved from parish to parish instead of being defrocked.

By Philip Pullella

(Editing by Mark Trevelyan and Mark Heinrich)

Bless me iPhone, for I have sinned

 

NEW YORK (Reuters) – An iPhone app aimed at helping Catholics through confession and encouraging lapsed followers back to the faith has been sanctioned by the Catholic Church in the United States.

Confession: A Roman Catholic app, thought to be the first to be approved by a church authority walks Catholics through the sacrament and contains what the company behind the program describes as a “personalized examination of conscience for each user”.

“Our desire is to invite Catholics to engage in their faith through digital technology,” said Patrick Leinen of the three-man company Little iApps, based in South Bend, Indiana.

“Taking to heart Pope Benedict XVI’s message from last years’ World Communications Address, our goal with this project is to offer a digital application that is truly ‘new media at the service of the word.”

Pope Benedict XVI’s World Communications Address on January 24 emphasized the importance of a Christian presence in the digital world.

The firm said the content of the app was developed with the help of Reverend Thomas Weinandy of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, and Reverend Dan Scheidt, pastor of Queen of Peace Catholic Church in Mishawaka, Indiana.

The app is not designed to replace going to confession but to help Catholics through the act, which generally involves admitting sins to a priest in a confessional booth. Catholics still must go to a priest for absolution.

Little iApps said Bishop Kevin Rhoades, of the Diocese of Fort Wayne in Indiana, officially authorized the app for Catholics to use.

“It has been approved by Bishop Kevin Rhoades,” said Weinandy.

Leinen said the app has already aided one man in returning to the sacrament after 20 years.

“We hope many more will take advantage of this new confession resource,” he added.

The app retails for $1.99.

(Reporting by David Sheppard; Editing by Patricia Reaney)